Buffalo: The Eternal Struggle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VST Elections

Go down

VST Elections Empty VST Elections

Post by MDtheDST Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:47 pm

Good Evening,
The nomination period has now ended. I'm happy to say that we have two candidates for the VST position of Buffalo the Eternal Struggle.
The applications are posted below.
We now begin the one week Q&A period. This period runs from now until Wednesday 6/17 at 1159PM, at which time the one week voting period will begin. Further information on how to vote will be provided at that time.
Electorate members are encouraged to ask questions in the MES NY012 group so that the answers can be seen by all, and to avoid duplicate questions.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/200789283464528/?ref=bookmarks

Identification:
Doug Calderon - US2014030110

Contact Information:
[Redacted]

Objective: I plan to increase player base and foster more PC driven interaction, plot and court politics.

Plan of Action:
I intend to achieve this by prioritizing organization of the the VST resources. Formalizing plot documents and empowering any AVST to be able to run any scene. I would also like to provide a wide array of plots for different play styles and from different genres, taking special care not to over saturate the game with too much NPC theatre or 'impending doom'. Lastly I intend to incentivize costuming, role playing and props to promote the atmosphere of a LARP and hopefully draw new members.

Experience:
AVST of BTES since inception (14 months).
Former AST of Frozen Queen (Cam/Anarch OWbN).
Former AST of Blood Snows (Cam/Anarch Local Troupe Game)

Disciplinary Actions:
None to my knowledge.

A statement asserting that the applicant is a paid member of MES:
I am a paid member of Minds Eye Society

Identification: John Averill, US2013090053

Contact Information: Vampiresarenotreal@gmail.com

Objective: To continue as the Venue Storyteller of Buffalo: The Eternal Struggle. To involve our Venue with regional and national plot, to continue our interaction with the Canadian Venues which are our nearest neighbors, and to provide entertaining story and a living world within the Venue and beyond.

Plan of Action: The plan of action would be largely to maintain the game as it has been. While the staff of aVSTs might change slightly, the overall plan would be very similar. I would reach out to our Regional Storytelling staff and even the National staff, and create story which involves Buffalo directly in the Chronicle at large.

Experience: VST - Buffalo: The Eternal Struggle for 1 year, Regional Storyteller Intern for 1 year.
Non-club Experience: Sub-Coordinator in another Network for clans Assamite and Setite in Masquerade.

Disciplinary Actions: None.

I am a paid member of MES and the NY-012 Domain.

MDtheDST
Admin

Back to top Go down

VST Elections Empty Re: VST Elections

Post by MDtheDST Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:42 am

Members of NY-012-D,
The Q&A period for the Sabbat, Cam / Anarch and Werewolf VST elections will ended at 11:59pm tonight. At 12:00am Wednesday morning we will enter the voting phase. During this phase, we will have a one week voting period in which electorate members submit their votes, at the end of this time, the votes will be tallied by at least two proctors to insure correct counting, and a winner will be announced. Voting will close on Tuesday 6/23 at 11:59pm EST.

Those Eligible to Vote:
All paid members of NY012D that also have a character associated with the respective VSS.

The candidates:
Sabbat: Isaac Sharp
Cam / Anarch: Doug Calderon and John Averill
Werewolf the Apocolypse: Brian Murphy and James Jennings-Wyckoff

How to Vote:
Send an email with each of your votes (one for each VST election you are eligable to vote in) to both dst.ny012@gmail.com and fallingwatersrep@gmail.com (emails must be sent to both addresses to be valid) with the following;

Subject Line: Sabbat VST election / or / Cam Anarch VST election / or / Werewolf VST election / as appropriate
In the body of the email:
Your name
Your MES membership #
Your order of preference for the candidates.

A sample vote might look like this:
1. Isaac Asimov
2. Richard Matheson
3. Sir Arthur C Clarke
4. NOTA

You may vote for as many or as few candidates as you like, but you may only vote for each candidate one time. If none of the candidates appeal to you, you may register a vote for None of the Above (or NOTA for short). NOTA is always a candidate in every MES election, and occasionally wins. In the event that NOTA wins any of the elections, the DST will continue on as an iVST, or appoint an ADST as iVST and a new election will be held in which none of the candidates who ran previously are eligible to run.

MDtheDST
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MDtheDST Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:00 pm

Good news everyone,
I have the election results.

With a majority of votes on the first ballot, I am pleased to announce the winner of the Cam / Anarch VST vote is Doug Calderon.

With unanimous support of votes on the frst ballot, I am pleased to announce the winner of the Sabbat VST vote is Isaac Scharp.

Last but not least in a close race but with over 51% of votes on the frst ballot, I am pleased to announce the winner of the Werewolf the Apocalypse VST vote is Brian Murphy.

At any rate, congratulations to Doug Calderon, Isaac Scharp and Brian Murphy. May your crowns weigh lightly on your brow.

MDtheDST
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MDtheDST Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:57 am

As many of you already know, Doug will be stepping down as VST of Cam / Anarch for OOC work reasons. The latest point at which he will step down is now less then 6 weeks from tonight so I am putting out an all call for applicants for the Cam / Anarch VST position.

The VST has the following powers and responsibilities, according to the MES Membership Handbook(p.36):
Specific authority – May deliver letter of counciling to players within thier jurisdiction for game related issues, refer disciplinary issues to the Regional Cordnator for investigation, and review open items pending low approval acording to the sanctioned rules. May make changes to a scene within the same game session.
Required responsibilities - Run at least one game in a month, manage character sheets attached to the VSS including approvals, file an on-time monthly report, manage out-of-game character actions as determined by the VSS, respond to any rules or character questions by members of the VSS, and run any plot kits and/or settings changes required by the storyteller chain.
Prestige budget - Unlimited
Interested parties should submit an application to the email at DST.NY012 @ Gmail dot com . An application should include the following according to the MES Membership Handbook (p. 42):
Identification: Name, Membership Number
Contact Information: Email, Phone Number - May be redacted when distributed to the electorate
Objective: A sentence or two describing what your goals during your term of office.
Plan of Action: A paragraph or two detailing how you intend to accomplish the goals stated in your objective.
Experience: A resume of positions held within Mind’s Eye Society as well as any relevant Non-Club Experience. Applicants must describe how they meet the minimum criteria for the position as described in the chart below.
Disciplinary Actions: Please see the Full Disclosure Policy below and the Disciplinary Action Section of the Membership Handbook for more information.
A statement asserting that the applicant is a paid member of MES
A statement that the applicant has take the ST standards, or intends to within the next 30 days.
Applications should be submitted by 11:59pm Sunday, October 11th.
Following the application period, there will be a one-week Application Review period during which time candidates will engage in a public Q&A session with venue members, and their applications (with personal information redacted) will be posted for review by the venue. Following that there will be a one-week voting period, which will begin when a set of instructions about how to vote and who is eligible to vote will be posted here.
Please post questions in the Buffalo: The Eternal Struggle FB group or send them to the email given above.

Please be aware that unlike normal elections, the new VST will not take power until Doug steps down, some time in the next 6 weeks. The slightly nebulous time frame is due to the OOC Real Life complication of moving.

MDtheDST
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MDtheDST Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:23 pm

I am pleased to announce that we have an applicant for the Cam / Anarch VST position, Charles Bacon. Resume is posted bellow. The Q and A period has now started. On October 20th 5pm the voting period will begin.

All eligible voters (players with an up to date membership with a character in with the VSS) can submit their votes to the DST and the DC email.

All ballots must include the following information for verification purposes:
Full Name
Mind’s Eye Society Membership Number
Submitted vote

Send all votes to both
dst.ny012@gmail.com
fallingwatersrep@gmail.com

Mind’s Eye Society uses a system called the Instant Run Off System that allows a true majority to be reached without the need for time-consuming separate runoff elections. Each voter ranks the candidates from first to last preference. A voter may rank all, some, or none of the candidates. If a voter finds a particular candidate unacceptable, they should leave the candidate off the ballot. If a voter finds none of the candidates to be an acceptable choice, they may choose to cast a vote for “None of the Above”. Write-in candidates are not allowed, and any vote for someone who is not a candidate in an election will be counted as a vote for “None of the Above”.

The voting period will end Wednesday October 28th at 11:59pm.

Identification:
Name: Charles Bacon
Membership Number: US2014020115
Contact Information: Email: afterthehavoc@yahoo.com
Phone Number - redacted

Objective: BTES needs plot for everyone, and for everyone to be engaged. I would like to create several ongoing plotlines with the goal of engaging the game. I would prevent PvP from becoming all-out sectarian warfare, while encouraging both Cam and Anarch PCs, as long as the game wants to have both. There should be plots at every level for PCs to engage with, should they wish. I want to have enough going on and enough staff that nobody is bored. I want to attempt to recruit new interest in the game, bringing new people, and with them new perspectives.

Plan of Action: I would create new NPC factions, both Cam and Anarch, to facilitate stability and create plot. I would explore the regions west of Buffalo in our VSS, and create plot there, as well as reasons to engage said plot. I would encourage PCs to use symbels as a means of furthering their goals. I would look over sheets and create plot based around PC merits and flaws. I intend to ask several new staff members to assist me, both to get a new perspective and ensure that as little time at game as possible is spent looking for a free staff member.

Experience: Outside of MES, I have been running RPGs since 2002. I have played in Vampire: The Masquerade LARPs since 2008, and was an AST in Frozen Queen ( an OWBN Cam/Anarch game) for just under a year.

Disciplinary Actions: I have no disciplinary actions against me.

I am a paid member of MES.
I am in the process of taking the ST standards.

MDtheDST
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MDtheDST Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:01 pm

All votes are in and have been confirmed. I am pleased to announce that BtES has a new VST, Charles Bacon.

MDtheDST
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum