Buffalo: The Eternal Struggle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Status Availability

4 posters

Go down

Status Availability Empty Status Availability

Post by Abe Franklin Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:37 am

"All status traits associated with a vampire are innately known and understood by all accepted members of that vampire's Sect." -pg.310 3rd paragraph

So, all status should be posted publicly for easy access, right? Also, if anyone asks your status OOC "ask the harpy" is not an acceptable answer anymore. As long as they are accepted in the sect (Acknowledged), they know.

Abe Franklin

Back to top Go down

Status Availability Empty Re: Status Availability

Post by The Majordomo Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:56 pm

Posting status sounds laborious to me as far as maintaining a public list, also that list would need to be posted where non-Accepted members can't look at it. There are a number of reasons someone might refer you to an st, but, in general, a player will know his own status and there is nothing preventing him from telling it to another.

The Majordomo

Back to top Go down

Post by David Hywell Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:27 pm

The problem with providing it on request is that it's innate-the pecking order is something that all vampires recognize and follow unconsciously. If you don't know someone's Status, you don't know who to treat in what way.

The best way to do it would probably just be a stickied post on a Camarilla-only section listing Status, kept up to date by the players as needed.

David Hywell

Back to top Go down

Post by Abe Franklin Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:30 pm

I agree with bacon. For example, a scene is currently paused until I can learn a character's official status.

Abe Franklin

Back to top Go down

Post by MDtheDST Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:42 pm

Perhaps status should be something displayed on a tag? Just to be clear, while NPCs can still give standing ect I am not responsible for keeping track of individual PC's standing. Unless a question of metagaming is at play do not expect me to know or even have access to the standing of PCs.

Each player is responsible for keeping track of their own standing. This includes the name of the patron who awarded the status trait, the location where the status trait was earned (the domain not the GPS coordinates) and the story of how and why the status trait was awarded.

Last edited by MDtheVST on Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

MDtheDST
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abe Franklin Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:52 pm

Ok. What do we do when the player in question doesn't have that information when it is requested of them?

Abe Franklin

Back to top Go down

Post by MDtheDST Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:58 pm

Well given that this is in reference to a downtime scene give them time to check what standing they have.

MDtheDST
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum